Friday, January 13, 2012

Campfire Smore's Cookies

Okay...so I recently found this recipe off of a blessed woman's blog and I had to try it. The results were fattening. =) They were chewy. They were gooey. They were gone in less than 30 minutes.

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
Cream together butter and sugar until incorporated

Add:
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
Beat thoroughly

Add:
2 cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips, or one giant Hershey's bar, chopped
1 cup mini marshmallows (I did not have the mini marshmallows so I cut the big marshmallow in half and placed one half on top of the graham cracker covered with the dough)
Stir together
Bake the cookie on top of a whole graham cracker at F350°, for no more than 11 minutes (after 11 minutes, the graham cracker will burn). I found this dried the cookie out a little more than my likings, so I also tried lining the bottom of a 13x9 glass baking dish with graham crackers and spread the dough and 2x the small marshmallows called for over the crackers, cooking for about 14 minutes. I guess I would consider them more of 'bars' rather than cookies made that way, but they were much more moist.

HERE  is a link to this recipe and many more...

No comments:

Post a Comment