Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Backyard Scramble

Along with trying to plan my two kiddos birthday party this weekend, the hubs and I decided that a patio of some sort would be extra nice for the guests...and being able to actually go outside and enjoy our yard. We made the decision the end of last week so I made calls asking if anyone could have it done by the party. They all laughed. I called at least 7 places.

Hubs is a DJ every Thursday night at a local bar (no comment on my annoyance with this) and works with a guy who does things like that. So he asked him if he'd be able to do it by Saturday. He told us no problem. Came over and took a look and started digging within 48 hours. I am so excited. They are getting ready to pour the concrete now, so it has time to dry by Saturday. Only problem is, our forecast is calling for 50% chance of rain.

::concerned face::

I thought I had taken before pictures of our mess of a back yard, but I can't find them so I'm going to give you a mental visual...

Ryan's dad decided to do a gradient with plastic and then river stone ALL THE WAY AROUND THE HOUSE as a housewarming gift to us. Pretty amazing, huh? His awesome wife helped him. She's my hero.  They did an AMAZING job but there were left over supplies including a 4 foot pile of dirt and river rock sitting just off the back steps. We used some of the dirt to fill in around our tree in the back yard, so that took it down a bit, but it was still there. Neither one of us had the time, or the motivation (quite honestly) to move it, so there it's been sitting since October/November. Now? It's gone.

::Ahhh::

They smoothed out the left over stump in the back and then smoothed the rest of the backyard out too. We'll reseed when it's all done and over.

Anyway, here's pictures of where it's at right now!


Excited for it to be done! Now, I need to rope Ryan into coming with me to look at patio furniture.

Side note...is it just my husband or are all men the same when it comes to this scenario - "Wife, go and choose what you think would be best. I will be happy with your selection." After seeing said item(s), "Wife, this looks cheap and not at all what I wanted. Take it back. I'll go by myself and get my own desired selection."

::smirk::

Now, RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment