Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Great Cloth Diaper Change 2012

Last year, I was unable to attend The Great Cloth Diaper Change held at Time For Baby because I had recently gotten home from the hospital after delivering Moriyah.

 ::insert sad face::

But this year, Shauna asked for a volunteer to help out with the event. I immediately replied because I LOVE cloth diapers and LOVE converting others. It's kind of an addiction. Okay...it is an addiction.

::wink::

I was stoked to get started even though it was my first attempt at planning anything other than my kiddos birthday party. (I know what you're thinking...and we got married in a courthouse. No planning there.) It took time. But it was worth it! We ended up having 27 register! My SIL came with her daughter and my other SIL came with her's too.

Little Daelynn had never been in a cloth diaper before today...I'm trying to get her mama on the wagon. hehe

My kiddo got changed from a Blissful Booty Perfect Pocket diaper into a Grovia AIO.

You can see more pictures from the event here. I tried really hard to take more pictures but with Moriyah in tow, it just wasn't happening.

::Meh...shrugs shoulders::

It was awesome to see all those babies in their fluff! Note the cute BabyLegs on 'Riyah. =D  Every registrant got a free pair!!! So cute, in fact, that I almost went into a 'too-cute-for-my-sanity' coma. That's right, it took everything I had to keep myself from foaming at the mouth when I saw the basket full of them to choose from. 


::okay, keep it together...breathe::

You see? A real problem. =) After the change, there was a Cloth Diaper Workshop for anyone wanting to learn more about cloth diapering. Those who attended got hands-on with lots of different diapers and answers to their questions. The turnout was nice! After getting some feedback, I think Shauna (owner at Time For Baby) may try to host one of the workshops every month! 

 (I had Shauna hold 'Riyah so I could take the pic, and as you can see...she was not happy about that.)

It was a busy but awesome day and I can't wait for next year! 




Speaking of planning events. Ryker and Moriyah's birthday party is at our house on Saturday. 

Oy Vey.

No comments:

Post a Comment